I thought it would be kind of fun to share some of the things I didn’t purchase. As most of you know, I love to shop (among other things thankyouverymuch) but shopping involves a lot of trial and error and I certainly don’t come home with purchases every time. Most of the items below I liked, but didn’t love so that means they stay at the store.
This was a quick trip to Winners (similar to TJ Maxx or Ross) on my lunch break one day:
Uknown sweater, $25 | Calvin Klein top, $30
1. This sweater was a pale pink and I hated it immediately.
2. I liked this cK top, it was flattering and felt nice but the colour (taupe and white) aren’t my favourite so I passed on it (but looking at it again now, I kind of wish I had purchased it).
Alexander Bartlett, $20 | Unknown top, $35
3. I have been seeing a ton of these types of tops for Spring, you know, with cut-out shoulders and at the time of trying on this top, it wasn’t evident this was going to be a huge trend and I just felt so-so on the top. Now, I’m on the hunt to find one (although this isn’t the one, despite going back and trying it on again and in green).
4. I love love love this top. It pains me that it didn’t come home with me. It was super long in the back, double layered chiffon and oh-so-pretty. I thought it was nice but was unsure and pressed for time and I passed. Mistake! I have since been to four other Winners looking for it and nothing. So sad.
Cynthia Rowley, $25 | Unknown, $20 | Alexander Bartlett, $25 | BCBG, $60
5. The CR skirt was cute, chiffon, and very well draped… except in the back which was pretty unflattering.
6. This orangey-red skirt was just awful once I put it on.
7. I loved this and was convinced it was coming home with me, even after putting it on… until I turned around. Yikes. It was not flattering and the white side panels highlighted every bulge.
8. I really wanted to love this black and nude BCBG number but it was of body-con fabric/material and not flattering in the least (baby bump? No, simply chub).
Max Studio (by Max Mara), $50 each
9. & 10. I loved these dresses and loved even more the fact that they were long on me (so rare to find a maxi long enough for someone who is 5’11). I preferred the green but simply wasn’t sold. Another case of like, but unsure, so I left it (if you don’t love it, leave it).
What I wore shopping: H&M jacket, F21 top, H&M pants, Bamboo boots, Dollarama ring & Suzy necklace