* Dynamite jacket which you’ve seen with a sweater dress & booties, with waxed denim (an older favourite outfit post), and with leggings and a tight top years ago.
* American Eagle top (remember this in my, ‘What to Wear on a Date’ post?) with Urban Planet cami underneath which I wore on my birthday (here in black).
* Parasuco denim which you’ve seen with a purple flawy top.
* Liliana wedges which you’ve seen with a white dress, with a printed sundress, during a night out with girlfriends, with a ‘Nurse’ dress & with a pencil skirt and a peplum top last summer.
* Accessories: Swarovski & Old Navy bangles, H&M rings with gifted chain bracelet.
I’m not sure what has been going on with me lately, but I have been facing a serious creative block. I’ve been unmotivated to blog, film or edit videos and just be in this space. This is something I genuinely enjoy–if I didn’t, why bother continuing–but lately I feel so… blah.
A fellow creative-type friend and I were chatting about the slump and offered some wise words:
“You will find slumps in creativity extremely dreadful. You want to create and when you don’t, it makes you feel terrible. It’s a cycle, but the slump will pass. In the meantime, do what you are currently doing and that is to push through. It sucks for now, and you might feel antsy, but then all of a sudden, BOOM! The damn breaks and your back in the swing of things.”
Here’s hoping my upcoming vacation is just what I need to break the damn, so to speak. Happy Thursday.
Photos by Serena Rivard.