O U T F I T D E T A I L S : BELL SLEEVE SWEATER (SIMILAR, BUDGET FRIENDLY) | CHUNKY SCARF — OLD (SIMILAR) | F21 BAR CHOKER (SIMILAR) | SUEDE MOTO JACKET | DENIM (BUDGET FRIENDLY) | ALDO BOOTS — OLD (SIMILAR, SIMILAR) | CELINE BAG
Happy hump day, girls, how is your week going?
I definitely felt down on Monday, only to realize the next day, it was Blue Monday! That day is legit. I had completely forgotten, but I seriously felt like I got up on the wrong side of the bed. I was in a mood all day, and couldn’t shake it until I got home from work, and the gym and got into some video editing–which is usually my happy place.
I wanted to share this look today because layering and how-to is something that came up several times in the Reader Survey–and I will do a full post dedicated to that later this week, answering specific comments you girls sent in–thank you.
Additionally, I’m so sorry this sweater is now sold out. I shared on the A.Co Facebook page yesterday afternoon that it had been restocked and by 10pm it was sold out again. I picked mine up in December (seen here on Christmas Eve) and have been living in it so I will definitely share on FB if they get more in.
This is the first outfit post with my new Celine bag–which honestly feels surreal to own. I have been coveting this thing for like, four years. I also just realized I said I would speak about it in my Venice post, and then I never did. However, I will do a full post dedicated to it, the shopping experience and my overall feelings on the bag soon.
Photography by Lisa Provençal.
FIVE EASY LAYERING TIPS WITH NEUTRALS
I say with neutrals because that’s my go-to, but also because it keeps it simple. We can discuss patterns later, but for next let’s stick to the basics of a wardrobe to hone in on how to layer effortlessly.
(1) THROW ON A JACKET | Whether it’s cold or not, a jacket is a key staple piece to add interest to a look without fussing. If you’re wearing long sleeves, pull the sleeves out of the cuffs to show ’em off.
(2) ADD A SCARF | This one is pretty easy, but grab a scarf in a similar colour tone–I like to keep a couple of different scarves in my back seat to grab and go in case I forget to pack one (or in this case, in my bag).
(3) PLAY WITH TEXTURES | Since I love neutrals so much, I like to inject interest by mixing different textures together, that way, even if you’re in all one colour, your layers are adding dimension. Think knits, cotton, leather, suede & denim.
(4) DON’T FORGET THE ACCESSORIES | Even though my outfit includes a scarf, I’m still wearing a choker underneath–don’t underestimate the power of accessories, they will make your style truly you. I have my daily go-to bangle, rings and earrings, but I always switch up my necklace.
(5) ADD A HAT | Although I’m not wearing a hat in these photos, that would be a great piece to add to top the outfit off. I would go for something like this gorgeous hand made one or this more budget friendly option.